Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Indoor Pool Party

Have you ever thought about having a pool party INDOORS? At this point you're probably thinking I'm crazy, but I'm serious, VERY serious. On rainy days, this is a great trick to pull out of your hat. And be careful, you might even have a little fun too.

What you need:
Inflatable or plastic pool
Room with floor space
Shredded paper
Swimsuits and towels (just for pretend of course)

What you do:
Put your pool in the middle of the room and fill it with shredded paper. (I just use paperwork that needs to be shredded anyways). Then, stand back and watch as the fun takes place. My kids love to "splash" around in the makeshift pool and they even enjoy helping me clean it up when we're done. You can get as involved as you want to. Today, my son was even "drying" himself off with a towel he was so into it. I added blue construction paper today to make it look more like water. You can top it off with an indoor picnic and/or ice cream sundaes. Be creative. Either way, this is definitely a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness...Erin, what a great idea! You are too creative! See you tonight! love ya